What Are The Different Types Of Roofs You Can Have In Your Home?
The roof of real estate is one of the most fundamental parts that compose it. It is not just a coating as said a by local company as such, but it protects us from environmental conditions. Therefore, apart from aesthetics, the type of roof that gives us greater security should be chosen. Hence its Latin name tectum, which means to cover, protect.
The different types of roofs can be both exterior and interior.
What Are The Types Of Roofs For The Interior Of A House?
More reference is made to aesthetics within this typology, trying to achieve a perfect finish that gives a personal touch to our home.
- Wood roof. The style generated by this type of roof is rustic, homely, with the most significant ecological advantages. It is widely used within modern designs since it is a material that is never obsolete within fashion, making combinations with other parts of the furniture such as the dining room, bathroom.
- Plaster false ceiling. Versatile, fire-resistant, and acoustic insulation material. Manages to give greater prominence to your home. The design to be used can be both meticulous and straightforward since today there are many alternatives. Likewise, light colors will give a more incredible feeling of space and luminosity.
- Plaster false ceiling. It is based on the placement of strips of esparto mixed with the plaster’s glue in powder with water, and they are hooked to some screws fixed to the slab. The paint that is recommended for this type is tempera.
- LED strips. For those who love light and shine. Consisting of self-adhesive strips that can be placed both in the corners and in the central part.
- Suspended textile or stretch ceiling. Long-lasting type of ceiling with original decoration. Noted for its resistance and luminosity.
- Fiberglass for false ceilings. Material that improves the reflection and diffusion of light, which absorbs and attenuates sound.
- Modular ceilings. Metal, wood, or fiber are some of the different types of materials with which this type of roof can be made. Likewise, it is beneficial to hide electrical and plumbing installations.
What Are The Types Of Roofs For The Exterior Of A House?
On this occasion, what must be preserved for maintenance and protection is the safety of the ceiling to aesthetics.
- Wood roof. As in the interiors, it continues without going unnoticed and is one of the most recurrent since it usually transmits quality and well-being. It is a structure of wooden beams and ceilings covered in planks or wood veneers. Waterproof materials or tiles cover these.
- Metal roof. This type of roof is a good insulator from sound, cold, and humidity. Made of sheet metal or sheet metal.
- Roof with tiles. Very useful to direct the water when it rains since they create gutters.
- Roof with clay tile. Of outstanding durability but low resistance in terms of heavy rain.
- Roof with concrete tile. The natural material of excellent resistance compared to the previous one in various colors.
- Slate tile roof. Noted for its elegance and solidity, which requires a minimum slope of 25º. Immune to humidity and adaptable to any shape.
- Roof with graveled tile. Isolates noise and prevents water condensation. Made of zinc-plated aluminum covered with gravel mixed with acrylic adhesive.
- Dome-shaped ceiling. They have a more significant structural resistance since it is better distributed and manages to balance the temperature.
- Flat roofs. It is advised that they have drainage systems and drains so that the water does not stagnate.
- Gable roof. A type of roof composed of two flat surfaces installed on slopes that are joined at an angle.
- Hipped roof. Built on four faces giving good support to houses with rectangular square areas. Resistant to wind, rain, and snow.