The method to self-install the vinyl plank flooring at home
The vinyl plank flooring is the easiest to install if someone wants to do it on their own. Vinyl plank flooring is easy to cut and add together. Vinyl plank flooring is ideal for high-moisture areas such as bathrooms and basements since the material is water-resistant. Within 2-3 hours of work, a medium-sized room can easily get covered with vinyl floorings.
Tools for flooring –
The tools needed for vinyl flooring are as follows-
- Fine-tooth saw
- Drawbar tool
- Tape measure
- Carpenter’s square
- Utility knife
- Flat pry bar
Materials needed for flooring –
The materials required for vinyl flooring are as follows-
- Floor leveling compound
- Vinyl plank flooring
- Concrete patcher
- 1/4-inch spacers
Method to install the vinyl plank flooring at home –
People wishing to do flooring in their home by themselves can install the vinyl flooring by followings these easy steps –
1. To plan the flooring layout – To install flooring, a desirable format of Vinyl plank flooring, like laminate or wood flooring, is needed. Install the flooring from the most visible area from the outside, like in a small-sized bathroom most visible row might be the one alongside the bathtub. The price to install vinyl plank flooring depends upon the quantity of material used in flooring.
2. To remove the trim in contact with the floor.
3. To prepare the floor- While laying vinyl plank flooring, if there is a concrete subfloor, fill cracks with the concrete patcher, and if the subfloor is plywood, fill depressions with a floor flattening compound. Check for NY Epoxy.
4. To check the fit of the first row of planks.
5. To cut the planks as per the floor size.
6. To connect the flooring planks altogether.
7. To cut for the ridge.
8. To fit the planks around ridges.
9. To cut and attach the final planks.
10. To re-attach the trimmed designs- After laying the floor, re-attach the baseboards and trim. If the level of the flooring raises enough, it becomes necessary to trim the ends of door case moldings to fit the reduced space.
So this is the method to self-install the vinyl plank flooring at home.