Some Factors to Consider When Buying a Kitchen Sink
When it comes to planning home renovation, you will be presented with a lot of choices. No matter, if it is painting your interior, choosing new countertops, replacing bathroom faucets etc. So, when it comes to Renovcokitchen renovation, you may have to narrow down to the tiniest detail like choosing a kitchen sink too. Here are the factors to consider.
- Stainless steel can easily be used in every kitchen style and is durable enough to boot. The metal is easily scratchable but it can also be buffed out. And they are easy to clean as well.
- Porcelain sinks look pretty and are available in a lot of colors. They look good in old fashioned kitchens. But, they need to be looked after at all times as they can chip or scuff with ease.
- Composite sinks are more chip and scratch proof and they don’t show water marks at all. They are easy to look after but are costly.
- Cast iron sinks are durable in nature and are less noisy. They are available in many colors.
One single kitchen sink basin is the most preferred one. It is attractive and has a streamlined look. It is also versatile and lets you choose many options at ones. You can also invest in add ones to make kitchen functions easier.
Two basin sinks are still used but here also you have a choice between having two equal sized basin or of differing size. Dual basins with a smaller sink let the food be cooked while cleaning up at the same time. But smaller basin isn’t meant for soaking large pots or pans. If the basins have equal sizes then you have a symmetrical design and let you soak while cooking or washing.
Triple bowl sinks come with two large bowls with a tiny basin in the middle for food prep.
You have options with the styles here as well like:
- Farmhouse sink: This beautiful style helps in making a statement.
- Self rimming sinks: these are quite long lasting and affordable too.
- Undermount sinks: they are famous as they create a seamless look from the countertop to the sink.
- Integrated quartz sink: they also offer a seamless look. If going for this sink, check if the manufacturer gives integrated sinks too.
- Prep sinks: these sinks are usually installed in the island.