Preparing A Home For Sale
How To Prepare Your House For Sale
If you’re planning on selling your home, then there are a number of things you need to do to prepare it for sale. Whether it’s your own house or one you’ve inherited, carrying out a number of simple things could make selling your home much easier.
We have looked at some of the most common and cheapest things to do to help you prepare your home for sale. Continue reading below to find out our top home sale preparation tips.
Top 7 Tips For House Sales
Making a few quick changes to your home, from clearing out old furniture to giving it a fresh lick of paint, can make your home sell much quicker. Our top 7 tips for house preparation sales are:
- Painting – If you have quite a wild decorative taste or if your home just hasn’t been painted for a while, then a fresh coat with neutral colours such as white, cream or grey could help to make it seem more modern and sell much quicker.
- House Clearance – If you’ve inherited a house, then it might be full of furniture that you don’t want and a house clearance company could help to clear the property of furniture you don’t want or need.
- Clutter – Keep everything simple and remove all of the clutter, the less you have in a house that’s up for sale, the easier it is for someone else to imagine living there.
- Garden Maintenance – The garden is one of the main aspects of your home, make sure the fence is painted, the grass is kept cut and any bushes are trimmed back, a house with a garden that doesn’t look like a jungle will seem like less of a task for someone buying it.
- Cleaning – Clean, clean and clean again, even though you’ll be moving out, a clean house looks like a well cared for house. If your house is dirty, viewers will likely wonder what else you’re hiding.
- Kitchen Cupboards – The kitchen is one of the main rooms in a house and older wooden cupboards can look dated. Many cupboard paints can be picked up for peanuts and they can easily transform a home.
- Floor Cleaning – Hiring a floor cleaner or carpet cleaning, can breath a new lease of life into flooring and make an overall room look much better.
Selling Your Home
Once you have prepared your home for sale, then it’s time to choose an estate agent. You should choose your company based on recommendations from friends or online reviews. The estate agent you choose should list your property in multiple places to ensure you can quickly sell your property.