Balcony Design Ideas To Transform Your Balcony Into A Cozy Little Place
For the people living in tiny apartments in the metropolitan cities, having a balcony is a luxury. Because let’s face it, you do not have enough room to place an island in your kitchen. For those who do not have a balcony, maybe you should shift to another apartment that does have one, so as to read balcony designarticles like this and be inspired. For those that do have a balcony, no matter how tiny it is, there are several ways to transform it into a cozy little place perfect for hanging out with friends. Here are a few balcony design ideas for you –
- Place A Table In The Middle Of The Balcony – You can add a table in the middle or by the side of the balcony to transform the look of your balcony. The table can be used to serve morning breakfast or evening snacks or for keeping magazines and books. It serves a purpose and is a great balcony design When buying a table, opt for a small table which has wheels or is foldable, so that you can move the table away when you need more space like a coffee table! They are cute and serve the purpose well!
- Add A Patterned Rug Or A Carpet – If you like keeping things simple, you should consider adding a rug to your balcony floor. Opt for patterns and geometric patterned rugs for balcony floors. Before purchasing a rug, consider the color of the balcony walls and railings. Make sure that the pattern you choose goes well with the walls and all the other products that you have placed on the balcony.
- Light It Up – Who does not like bright spaces? Light up your balcony with scones and outdoor lanterns or with string lights. Lit up balcony looks great from afar and from the outside. They make your house look welcoming and also serve as a great hangout space at night. Maybe your next Netflix binging session can take place in the balcony instead of your bedroom.
- Make Your Balcony Look Evergreen With Flowers And Plants – Short on money? Cannot spend too much on lights and other elements to transform your balcony into one of the balconies featured in the best front balcony design articles and blogs? Do not worry; you can still so much with little money. Flowers are not costly, and neither are planters. They, for sure, will not put a dent in your pocket. Splurge your money on planters and plant different colored flowers to make your balcony look beautiful and also smell good! When adding flowers, your focus should be the railings, add flowers in between the railings. You will not only be greeted with beautiful flowers every morning but fresh air too!
- Install A Retractable Awning To Protect Your Privacy – Love your privacy? Well, you should consider installing a retractable awning, which is basically a shade over your balcony. In this way, you can sit as long as you want in the balcony and enjoy the fresh air without getting tanned in the morning and since it is retractable, you can draw it back whenever you need to soak in the sun or when the sun is down. If you do not want to add shade and want to keep it open, you can instead add curtains. Planting tall plants also work great!
- Make It An Extension Of Your Inner Rooms – If you do not want to treat your balcony as a balcony but want it to look more like your inner rooms and the rest of your apartment, you can add elements that are similar to the ones that you have already placed in your other rooms. This way, the balcony will not look different from the rest of the apartment but more like an extension. You can add antiques, posters, frames, and other art pieces to decorate your balcony just like your inner quarters.
- Add Pillows And Cushions – How to make a place cozy and warm without shelling out a million bucks? Pillows. Yes, colorful pillows and cushions are the best way to add color and warmth to a place. Your balcony will look a hundred times more cozy and inviting than before.
- Make It A Living Room – If your apartment is too tiny to have a proper living room, you can transform your balcony into a living room. How is that possible? Well, add a comfortable couch, a low table, a designed rug, and armchairs and see the balcony space get transformed. Oh and do not forget to add a pendant light either to light up space! At night your balcony/living room will look great under the moonlight and the soft glow of the pendant light.
Follow these design tips to have a beautiful balcony just like the interior design magazine photos!